Waiver and Consent Information
• Spray tanning is accomplished by application of a solution containing the active ingredient: DHA
(Dihydroxyacetone). DHA is considered to be safe and has been FDA approved ONLY if you follow guidelines to protect mucous membranes. The FDA advises asking the following questions when considering the application of DHA by spraying or misting:
-Are you protected from exposure in the entire area of the eyes, in addition to the eyes themselves?
-Are you protected from exposure on the lips and all parts of the body covered by mucous membrane?
-Are you protected from internal exposure caused by inhaling or ingesting the product?
*If the answer to any of these questions is "no," you are not protected from the unapproved use of
DHA. You should request measures to protect your eyes and mucous membranes and prevent inhalation. When receiving sunless tans containing DHA it may be difficult to avoid exposure to sensitive areas including the eyes, lips mucous membranes or internally. The FDA recommends that you use nose filters, protective eyewear, sealing lips with lip balm and the use of protective undergarments.
• You will enter a private room where you will remove your clothing. This is up to you and your level of comfort. You should wear a dark swimsuit or underwear. The solution will wash out of most clothing. It is always best to wear dark loose fitting cotton clothing. It is advised to wash the undergarment or clothing worn as soon as possible after your session.
• Next, You will be sprayed. This process will take approximately ten to fifteen minutes. After spraying, your skin should be dry before putting your clothes back on and you should not bathe or sweat excessively for 8-10 hours. The solution will give you an immediate bronzing effect. The bronzing effect is a result of a coloring additive in the solution that will remain on the skin until you are actually tan. When you shower, the coloring will come off to reveal your actual tan beneath.
• All people are different. All ingredients used in this procedure are intended for cosmetic use and generally regarded as safe. There are, however, occasions where individuals may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the spray tan solution. We ask that all people but especially those who have allergies to look at the ingredients list to ensure that there is no cause of concern before proceeding with the airbrush tan.
• Be advised there is a small percentage of people whose skin may not react favorably to spray tanning. For this reason, we do NOT advise being sprayed for the first time when your appearance is critical; (wedding/special occasion)
• Caution - Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using.
• Warning – This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn.
Repeated exposure of unprotected skin to U.V. Light may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.
***Ingredients can be made available upon request. If you have any known allergy or medical condition that would prevent you from having this service please notify your technician.
***Please consult a doctor before using our services if you are aware of any potential medical conditions or concerns.
By booking this service I agree to the following statements:
To my knowledge, I have no medical condition or allergy which would preclude me from having this
service done. I have been honest and accurate about the information that I have provided on this
waiver. I take sole responsibility of any reaction I may have, staining of clothing and/or personal
belongings. Use of the tanning equipment and products is at my own risk, and I am personally liable for any injury or damages resulting from the use of the services and equipment.